Friday, April 23, 2010

Mowbow Had a Job

Narrative Comprehension. Whenever the Lark hears a new song, he wants to know who sings it and what CD it's on. Well, today I was singing an old spiritual, and the Lark said, "It's by...?" I explained that it wasn't by anybody, and I never heard it on a CD. I learned it from an old lady. The Lark said, "An old lady named...?" I said, "An old lady named Milly." The Lark said, "Milly lives in...?" I explained that, "A long time ago, I used to have a job--like Daddy. I used to work in a restaurant, and at this restaurant there was an old lady named Milly, and Milly used to sing this song." Before we started working on real-life comprehension through event based learning, this whole story would have been completely lost on the Lark. He probably would have gotten upset because it would have confused him. Now, instead, the Lark thought for several moments and said, as if having an awakening, "Mowbow had a job!"

1 comment:

  1. So funny! Just shared your blog with Keith. You have a new fan! Sounds like you two are up to same really neat things. :) C & K

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the Lark's mom and the director of the Gray School. It is my goal to help the Lark become an active and self-directed particpant in his culture and community.