Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Taking Ownership

Mindfulness: The Lark did a great job dressing again today. I need to provide more opportunities for him to anticipate and initiate activities so he can take ownership of more of our activities.

Imitation: The Lark did a great job learning by imitating during our calendar activity today. We were writing the number words in each of the squares on our calendars. The Lark had never had occasion to write some of these words before (like twenty-one), so he just kept observing me and imitating what I was doing. He was very eager and interested.

He also did a great job acting out our little starfish story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the Lark's mom and the director of the Gray School. It is my goal to help the Lark become an active and self-directed particpant in his culture and community.